It’s time to sign up as a Summer Reading Program Volunteer!
Show your love for the library and please donate some of your time. Can YOU help??
Sit at the SRP table while signing participants up, logging reading times, and issuing prizes.
- Be able to quickly learn the computer program we use for the SRP.
- Fill out and turn in the application.
- Have an email address that is checked regularly.
- Attend a 90-minute training.
- Enjoy talking to kids.
- Be punctual.
- Be friendly.
- Love reading!
Adults and teens at least 13 years old
Three hours per week (but more if you want!) for eight weeks
June 15th – August 10th
M-W 10 a.m. - 8 p.m., Th-Sa 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
To become a volunteer:
The library loves volunteers, and volunteers love the library!
50+ Digital Magazines Now Available for Reading Instantly Online
Camas Public Library cardholders can now read and download 58 of the most popular magazines for free through Zinio, the world's largest newsstand. These popular titles are available for reading instantly online or downloading to read later through any Internet-enabled device. Titles include Newsweek, Rolling Stone, and other popular periodicals. There is no waiting list, no checkout period limit, no volume limit, and no need to place holds.
Each user will need to create two accounts for Zinio, one to access the library collection and a second to view the magazines in a Zinio Viewer account.
To access Zinio, click on the Zinio News Stand link on the Online Resources page.
- Click here to read a Quick Guide to Zinio News Stand,
- Click here to see a video that explains how to set up an account and begin using Zinio magazines.
We've Got Hundreds of eBook and eAudio Titles Available to Download
Camas Public Library cardholders can now read and listen to hundreds of new eBook and eAudio titles through our OverDrive/Washington Anytime Library service. These titles were just purchased thanks to a one-time-only federal grant made available through the WA State Library. To see what's new, click on the OverDrive link on our Online Resources page and then take a look at the “Just added” displays.
- Click here to visit OverDrive's help pages,
- and here for OverDrive help videos that are device-specific.
The Library also has hundreds of eAudio titles that are available for download from OneClickdigital/Recorded Books which is now linked from the Online Resources page. You will need to create an account at the site to be able to checkout and download these eAudio books.
- Click here for directions on creating an account,
- here for instructions on downloading MediaManager which is also needed for this service,
- and here to watch a brief YouTube video showing how to get started.
Check the Library Newsletter for details about the upcoming events.