Celebrate National Library Week: April 13th-19th
What can you do at the library without a library card?
- Attend one of the library's many monthly book discussion groups;
- Research your family tree;
- Bring your children and/or grandchildren to a storytime;
- Use a computer to create and print your resume;
- Read our magazines and newspapers;
- Look through the bargains at one of our book sales;
- Use a computer to check your email;
- Find new recipes;
- View the artwork in the Second Story Gallery;
- Ask a staff member to recommend a good book;
- Watch a movie;
- Research consumer information to make better decisions about what to buy;
- Help your child/grandchild acquire important early literacy skills;
- Use a database to find trustworthy health information;
- Learn a new skill with one of the many do-it-yourself books;
- Use the free wifi;
- Learn more about the local community.
What can you do with a library card?
All of the above plus:
- Check out the latest and greatest best sellers;
- Research your family tree online from home;
- Get an audiobook or eAudio book to listen to on your next trip;
- Check out an eBook or eMagazine;
- Request a book from another library system.
Check the Library Newsletter for details about the upcoming events.