EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY - Voluntary water use reductions. Water your lawn on odd or even days depending on the last digit of your home address. The current heat wave is generating higher water use and stressing the City's water supply.
Other ways to conserve water include:
- Accept a dry lawn - grass becomes dormant during periods of drought but rejuvenates naturally when winter approaches
- Let your grass grow taller in the summer - longer blades promote deeper rooting and shade the root zone, reducing water loss
- Use a broom to clean driveways and paths - sweeping will get them clean without wasting water.
- Water your grass or garden in the evening - give your gardens a light water at dusk (between 7pm - 9pm); if you water in the middle of the day, it evaporates
- Take short showers
- Turn the tap off while brushing your teeth
- Only wash full loads in your washing machine or dishwasher (unless they have a setting for half loads)
Spread the message to your friends and neighbors.
B. Stage II - Serious Water Shortage—Voluntary Conservation. The public works director may declare a Stage II water emergency when a water shortage exists such that immediate voluntary reductions in consumption are necessary. The public works department shall conduct an intensified public information campaign and shall institute a voluntary odd/even home irrigation program. The city shall reduce usage for designated park irrigation systems that do not affect sports fields. (Here's the link to the City Municipal Code - https://library.municode.com/wa/camas/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT13PUSE_DIVIWA_CH13.14WACO)
Click here for more information - http://www.cityofcamas.us/pwwater