CITY SPECIAL EVENTS
Welcome to the City's Special Events page where you will find information about events happening in the City, including a calendar of events; You will also find information and forms to begin your event's planning process; as well as an online application submittal form to streamline the permit process for your event.
Overview of the Special Events Application and Permits Process
We are pleased to work with you on your event and assist in making your event a success.
Events That Need to Follow This Process:
- Any public (or private) event that requires street or sidewalk closures, or where 500 people or more are expected
- Street, Runs and/or Walks
- Cycling Races or Rides
- Festivals, Street Fairs, Outdoor Concerts
Events That Do Not Need to Follow This Process:
- On private property, closed to the public, with less than 500 people
- Funeral or wedding procession
- Residential block parties, garage sales, etc.
- Private events in a City park (contact the Parks & Recreation Department)
What to Expect Following the Submittal of Your Application
You'll receive an email confirmation with a link to your file. If you don't receive it, call (360) 834-5307 and confirm it's been submitted.
- The City will review your application and forms for completeness.
- Each of the departments will review your event plan.
- Staff may request more information or clarification. This will be done through the same online system; you'll receive emails informing you of any comments.
- Staff will also confirm all Conditions of Approval in the Comments section of the online form.
- After staff have confirmed payment and all details, they will let you know when your permit is approved for you to print.
- Ensure you have a printed copy of your application (the online form) along with printed proof of insurance and a printed Traffic Control Plan (TCP), if applicable.