Maintenance includes storm line cleaning, and drainage system maintenance, and cleaning and repair of catch basins. Camas maintains more than 2,500 catch basins.
Autumn is the time of year when leaves fall, it rains and catch basins plug with leaves. If you see water pooling up around a plugged basin, and you can stand safely on the curb out of traffic, please clear the basin with a rake, broom or shovel. Do not sweep leaves into the street. Call (360) 817-1563 to report problems.
- Promote water quality by minimizing runoff of pollutants into fish bearing waterways.
- Promote water quality by sweeping all streets (approximately nine times every year).
- Promote water quality by cleaning out all catch basins a minimum of once per year.
Report a Concern
The Stormwater Management Program responds to citizen's concerns about:
- Spills that impact or threaten storm drains
- Dry weather/non-storm flow in storm drains
- Construction site-runoff
- Runoff from industrial sites
- Runoff from detailing operations