Preparation (Application Must Be Submitted 45 Days Prior to Event)
Events can be complex and require supplemental paperwork/permits. Preparation on your part will help it go more smoothly.
- Set your event date(s).
- Check for conflicting dates
- Know the event address or primary intersection.
- Read this page/links to familiarize yourself with the process.
- Review the various forms and identify any additional forms required for your event.
This application process requires various steps: You’ll need to identify any additional necessary forms and complete them; to be submitted with your application.
Step 1: Download Necessary Supplemental Forms
- Click here to review the various types of forms that may be required depending on the components of your event.
- Save the forms on your computer to email later.
- Organizing the materials during this step will make it easier to find and retrieve them later when you need to submit them.
Step 2: Inform Your Vendors (if applicable)
- Inform vendors and/or licensed contractors about obtaining necessary permits as specified here – Special Event Additional Forms Information.
- You, your vendor or licensed contractor are responsible for them; may include liquor licenses, temporary food permits, propane tank applications, firework permits, building department permits, etc.
- Provide a list of all vendors & their locations
Step 3: Online Submission
- When you’ve gathered all necessary forms required, complete the process by using the online submission form below. A few tips:
- Be prepared to provide an address or intersection for your event.
- The online forms accepts the following types of attachments: JPG, GIF, PNG
- Complete the fields of the application and attach any necessary image
- After you have completed the online application process:
- Email all other forms to email@example.com
- Confirm you receive an email containing a link back to your submission file.
- Save this email! You may use the link to access your special event information.
- If the online submission process fails, contact the City, (360) 834-5307.
Step 4: Payment
- Pay the $42 non-refundable administrative fee. It is strongly recommended that you submit your applications/fees as early as possible to allow adequate time for coordination of City services and reservation of your date and space.