Attend an upcoming City Council meeting (7 PM) and take part in a public hearing, listed below! Can't attend? You can submit comment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning the Clerk’s Office at 360-817-1591.
*Please note: comments on social media cannot be accepted as public comment.*
• 2019 Property Tax Levies – the City is considering increasing the General Fund property tax levy by legal limit of 1% in 2019. The other two levies, the bond levy for the Library facility and the EMS levy were already approved by the voters.
• 2019 Fee Schedule – The City is considering an inflation increase to the City’s fees by 3.6% for 2019, as well as a few new fees for inspections, engineering pass-through costs, and water utility fees.
• 2018 Fall Omnibus Budget (Opened) – The City is considering increasing the 2018 budget by $1.1 million to address unanticipated cost increases, staffing needs, and new capital projects.
• 2018 Fall Omnibus Budget (Closed) – The City is considering increasing the 2018 budget by $1.1 million to address unanticipated cost increases, staffing needs, and new capital projects.
• 2019-2020 Biennial Budget – The City is considering a $195 million budget for the next two years, of which $63.3 is for new capital projects and the rest is for City operations and utilities.
• City of Camas Business License – the City is considering implementing a small business licenses to determine which businesses are operating in the City and to be able to do better outreach and support.
Workshops begin at 4:30 PM, with meetings (which include the public hearing portion) starting at 7:00 PM. You are welcome to attend one or both.
Full agendas and details are posted a few days before each session at www.cityofcamas.us/publicmeetings. Select the day or week of the event, and options will pop up.
Questions? Please contact City of Camas Finance Director Cathy Huber Nickerson, MPA, CGFM at email@example.com or 360-817-1537.