Thank you to all who attended our Annual Planning Conference on Friday/Saturday. Of note:
– As decided by city councilors earlier this month, Crown Park Pool will not be opened this summer due to high costs, a short timeline, and the need for long-term park planning.
– Options for alternative amenities to replace the pool were reviewed.
– Based on public input, financial/logistical feasibility, and the recommendation of the Parks & Recreation Commission, the option to replace the pool with a splash pad will be pursued.
– The pool will be demolished this year.
– Improvements to Crown Park would include a splash pad, restroom, new picnic shelter, new playground, sport court, amphitheater, and landscaping.
– Funding options for replacing the proposed improvements will be explored.
– Councilors stressed developing a new public pool elsewhere must also be a priority.
– A joint venture with another organization(s) to develop a pool or community center might be a possibility.
Minutes and recordings from both sessions will be available in the coming days at www.cityofcamas.us/yourgovernment/minuteagendavideo. [Planning conferences are recorded in audio but not in video.]
Send thoughts, ideas, or comments to email@example.com. Your presence and input are also welcome at an upcoming meeting:
– City Council Workshop February 5 & 20 at 4:30 PM Council Chambers
– City Council Meeting February 5 & 20 at 7:00 PM Council Chambers
– Parks Commission February 28 at 5:00 PM Lacamas Lodge