As we dig into the winter months, please brush up on our Snow Plow & Anti-Icing Routes and Policies!
During a snow or ice event, the City has prioritized the main transportation corridor routes that provide for emergency response service and that help move citizens, goods, and services throughout the City.
The City's Snow Plow & Anti-Icing Routes Map identifies Priority 1 Routes (Red lines), Priority 2 Routes (Green lines), Priority 3 Routes (Yellow lines), and the typical Road Closures (Blue lines) during inclement weather. [Link at bottom of post]
– All other streets will be serviced during regularly scheduled hours after the Priority Routes have been serviced.
– Snow and ice removal crews will typically only respond to and treat non-priority routes as dispatched or requested by Police or Fire or in other emergency situations.
– Please do not park on Priority Routes, as it makes removal of snow and ice more difficult.
– Most importantly, know your driving limitations.
– The City will tow abandoned vehicles that, in the opinion of the City, pose a danger to the mobility or servicing of the emergency routes.
These roads may be closed by the City during inclement weather:
• NW 23rd Avenue, from NW Douglas Loop to NW Hood Street
• NW Forest Home Road from NW 10th Avenue to NW Astor Street
• Division Street from NE 6th Avenue to NE 11th Avenue
• NE Dallas Street from NE 6th Avenue to NE 14th Avenue
• NW Dahlia Drive from NW 30th Circle to NW 34th Circle
• NW Lacamas Lane from NW Jasmine Street to NW Lake Road
• NW 44th Avenue from NW Jasmine to NW Lacamas Lane
View the City of Camas Snow Plow & Anti-Icing Routes Map: http://www.cityofcamas.us/
Read the City of Camas Snow & Ice Policy with FAQs: http://www.cityofcamas.us/